Vanessa J. Dayton, M.D.
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Dr. Dayton participates in resident education both on the hematopathology-bone marrow service and in the Interpretation of Laboratory Data Course in the area of platelet disorders and clotting.
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT (1979), B.S. (Chemical Engineering)
- University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT (1985), M.D.
- Hennepin County Medical Center (1986), Internship (Internal Medicine)
- Hennepin County Medical Center (1990), Residency (Anatomic and Clinical Pathology)
- University of Minnesota (1991), Fellowship (Hematology)
Anatomic Pathology, Clinical Pathology, Hematopathology
- Part-time Staff Pathologist, Hematopathologist, University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, Minneapolis, MN, January 2004-current
- Part-time Staff Pathologist, Hematopathologist, Hennepin Faculty Associates Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, March 2002-current
- Part-time Staff Pathologist, Hematopathologist, University of Minnesota Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, November 1999 to December2002
- Staff Pathologist, Hematopathologist, Central Regional Pathology Laboratories (HealthEast Hospitals), Saint Paul, MN, January 1995 to September 1999
- Staff Pathologist, Hematopathologist, Minneapolis Veterans Administration Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, October 1991 to October 1994
- Chemical Engineer, ARCO Coal Company, Denver, CO, August 1979 to August 1980
Dr. Dayton has published in the areas of acute lymphoblastic leukemia, morphologic changes following growth factor therapy, and vitamin B12 associated pernicious anemia.
- Dayton V, McKenna RW. Other hematolymphoid neoplasms (lymphoblastic lymphoma/leukemia, myeloid neoplasms, plasmacytic neoplasms) IN: Kroft S and Reichard K (eds) Practical Lymph Node Pathology, Churchill Livingstone, Philadelphia, In Press.
- Burke MJ. Dayton V . Treatment of a CNS relapse while on therapy for Burkitt lymphoma. Pediatric Blood & Cancer. 52(2):290-2, 2009 Feb.
- Nnebe NV. Woon C. Haines S. Dayton V. Weigel BJ. Cutaneous pseudolymphoma: an unusual presentation of a scalp mass. Pediatric Blood & Cancer. 52(2):283-5, 2009 Feb.
- Elimelakh M. Dayton V. Park KS. Gruessner AC. Sutherland D. Howe RB. Reding MT. Eastlund T. van Burik JA. Singleton TP. Gruessner RW. Key NS. Red cell aplasia and autoimmune hemolytic anemia following immunosuppression with alemtuzumab, mycophenolate, and daclizumab in pancreas transplant recipients. Haematologica. 92(8):1029-36, 2007 Aug.
- Dayton, V. Tests in Hematology and Hematopathology. In: Wu, Alan (ed) Tietz Clinical Guide to Laboratory Tests Fourth Edition. 4 ed. St. Louis: Saunders, 2006.
- Fraser CJ. Hirsch BA. Dayton V. Creer MH. Neglia JP. Wagner JE. Baker KS. First report of donor cell-derived acute leukemia as a complication of umbilical cord blood transplantation. Blood. 106(13):4377-80, 2005 Dec 15.
- Potti, A., Panwalkar, A., Ingebretson, M.C., Tharapel, S.A., Goodell, M., Dayton, V., Mehdi, S.A. An Indolent B-Cell Lymphoma with t(2;8)(p12;q24) Abnormality and Absences of C-MYC Amplification and TP53 Deletion. A New Variant? Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 144(1)76-9, 2003.